Illness and injury are a bad cycle. Are you caught in it?
Illness and injury can go hand in hand unfortunately. If you are injured, you may be unable or unwilling to exercise as much, and a lack of exercise in turn affects our immune system, our digestion and elimination, and many other facets of health, potentially leading to illness. Illness then makes it even less likely you will exercise, weakening your joints, muscles, heart and lungs, and increasing the chance of further injury.#Illness and #injury are a bad cycle. Are you caught in it? Click To Tweet
In “Get Back In the Game. What do I do after an injury?” we talked a lot about injury and how to overcome it. Today we will focus more on illness.
Illness can sometimes be an effect of lack of exercise. From the common cold to more serious illness such as diabetes, you need to evaluate what your body can do.
- If you have the flu, don’t exercise. Rest and stay in bed until you are past the worst of it. Slowly work back into movement through short walks and easy movements until you feel better.
- If you have a cold, however, it’s probably good to keep moving. Many people who exercise regularly, exercise right through a cold. They may modify what exactly they are doing, or the intensity, but movement keeps the immune system running better than just laying around all day.
- Even with the most severe of illnesses, movement usually helps promote improvement. If you are under the care of a doctor, talk to them about the benefits and types of movement you can do to improve your health.
With injury our focus is how to use magnetic therapy to alleviate the discomfort, reduce inflammation, and encourage the body to heal itself. Supplementing your nutrition with nutrients you are not, or can’t, get from your food is also important so your body has what it needs to heal the injury.The very fact you've fallen ill may mean you have been lacking key #nutrients. Click To Tweet
With illness supplementing is even more important. The very fact you have fallen ill may mean you have been lacking key nutrients.
- Scurvy occurs when people have essentially no vitamin C in their system for an extended period of time. To see what that can do to your body see “Scurvy: Coming To an Inner City Near You?”
- Many studies show dementia is related to a lack of key essential nutrients including essential Omega 3 Fatty Acids and CoQ10
- Autoimmune diseases are very likely related to excess inflammation in the body. This is one area of illness where the aVivoPur Magnetic Therapy Mattress Pad can be of great help. Sleeping on this soothing magnetic field has brought relief to many people with lupus, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, and other autoimmune diseases.
Preventing illness before it starts is of course the best thing you can do.
- Get restorative sleep
- Drink pure water as much as possible
- Eat well and supplement your diet as needed
- Detoxify regularly
See more details in our Pure Living in a Modified World report.Don't want to lose the unhealthy (but fun) habits? OK, but support your body too! #PureLiving Click To Tweet
If you make lifestyle choices you know are not ideal, but you don’t want to give them up either, you can still do things to support your body and hopefully keep illness at bay:
- If you smoke, or have smoked in the past, our Lung Support supplement can give your lungs what they need to heal and regenerate better.
- If you consume sugar, alcohol, or fast foods, your liver is probably working overtime. Give your liver some extra love. Check out our Liver Support supplement.
- If you drink a lot of coffee or other stimulants, your adrenal glands are most likely exhausted and tapped out. Our Adrenal Gland Support is designed to help restore them and bring back your natural energy.
What We Do When Illness Strikes:
At the slightest tickle in our throat we take the following right away and again every few hours until we have been feeling fine for 24 hours. Sometimes the cold never catches when we start this regimen early enough, and we don’t miss a beat in the game of life.
- Herbal Wellness Booster
- extra Earth Greens in either powder or capsules
- 1,000 mg each of
Bronchitis, or any time you have a cough:
- We follow the same regimen as with colds, but add in our Lung Support
In addition, our family is adjusted regularly by a chiropractor, especially after a fall or injury but even headaches and sore throats can be a symptom of something being out of place in your central nervous system. Coughing can definitely move your ribs and spine around to become uncomfortable.
If you have conditions affecting your heart, kidney, liver, adrenal or thyroid glands, we have herbal supplements to help support and regenerate these vital organs as well. This unique family of supplements uses glandular targeting to deliver what’s needed directly to the organ. Please click on these links to read more about what these supplements do, and consider if they may be helpful for your condition.
There are many avenues you can take to regain health. We believe the body is the best healer, but it has to have the nutritional and energetic (magnetic) tools to work with. Sleeping in a natural magnetic therapy field every night, and taking supplements to support our nutritional needs, can change your life, how you feel and what you can accomplish and is the best comprehensive strategy for your health.