How Do You Know if You May Have a Vitamin C Deficiency?
- Low energy or low strength
- Feeling run down
- Restlessness or can’t sleep
- Mentally depressed
- Gums ulcerate
- Teeth fall out
- Breath is fetid (rotten smelling)
- Hemorrhages penetrate the muscles – bleeding for no apparent reason
- Bruise very easily
- You get sick easily
If you have any of these symptoms simple vitamin C may be the simple answer for you.
When many people think of vitamin C they think of colds and sometimes scurvy. But in the book, “How to Live Longer and Feel Better” Dr. Linus Pauling quotes study after study proving that, according to his research, vitamin C absolutely “cures” everything.Do you have any symptoms of a vitamin C deficiency? Click To Tweet
Dr. Pauling was ahead of his time. When he died in 1994, after being awarded two Nobel Peace Prizes in his lifetime, he was regretfully already being called a “quack” for writing that vitamin C could cure anything, even cancer. This was a shame, especially because today vitamin C is being found to be a key to fighting many diseases.
|Scurvy used to be sadly common, and deadly, most often for sailors but also children. Ships on long voyages across oceans took months and months. The ships depended on the winds and navigation skills of their captains (which were not always perfect) and they often ended up where they didn’t want to go and taking longer than hoped to get to their destinations.Without refrigeration, their food was biscuits, salt beef and salt pork because that is what would not spoil. Since vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin and does not store well in the body, it needs to be taken into the body by food or supplement frequently. Because these sailors lacked any source of vitamin C sometimes entire ships would die from scurvy.Scurvy is a terrible disease, causing an incredible about of suffering. The connective tissue of the body and skin just literally come apart. In 1753 a Scottish surgeon figured out the connection between vitamin C deficiency and scurvy, but it took more than 40 years for people to start following his advice.When ships began carrying citrus fruit on board beginning in the late 1700’s, scurvy disappeared as a disease of sailors on those ships. The usual citrus fruit were limes, so sailors soon got the nickname of “Limeys.” Even so carrying citrus onboard was not a common practice until the 1930’s!|
This may sound shocking, but symptoms of scurvy are cropping up right here in America again. 99% of potential scurvy cases are misdiagnosed. Traditional doctors have an approved list of substances they can prescribe, and vitamin C is not on that list.
1. It starts with low energy: This is the first symptom of a vitamin C deficiency. It is normal to have vibrant energy. It may be a vitamin C deficiency if you have low energy.
2. Run down feeling: If you have low energy, you don’t feel good. You want to do things but you just don’t have the energy. You feel guilty for not getting your work done or not exercising. Or you may struggle to get through the day.
3. Restlessness: Many, many people can hardly get a good night’s sleep. Others are diagnosed with “restless leg syndrome.”
4. Depression: As tragic as depression is, vitamin C deficiency can worsen depression.
5. Gums ulcerate: It is a frightening, terrible thing when a person’s gums start to decline and their teeth loosen. There are many names for this condition. Often if a person would simply eat more foods high in vitamin C, or take a good vitamin C supplement, the gums can start to make a comeback. It is so easy and so simple.
6. Teeth drop out: This is the next severe symptom of a vitamin C deficiency. Have you ever heard about indigenous cultures and notice people living over 100 and they still have all their teeth? According to Weston Price, all these cultures have a diet high in foods with vitamin C.
7. Getting Sick Easily: Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant and can help prevent damage from free radicals – and protect against infections.
We can go right down the list of more and more severe symptoms of scurvy (from vitamin C deficiency) and compare these to symptoms in our culture. They all have different names and these names vary according to the doctor you go see. All of these symptoms are avoidable.
Many of these symptoms respond to adding vitamin C into your diet. It is easy, cheap, effective, and simple.Adding vitamin C to your diet is an easy, effective, and simple cure for many common ailments. Click To Tweet
How Can You Get More Vitamin C Into Your Diet?
Ideally add more vitamin C by eating foods that contain it. But it’s getting harder and harder to trust the nutritional content of even whole foods today, given the corporate manufacturing climate.
In the past people would grow their own fruits and vegetables or raise animals which not only produced meat but also dairy products and eggs. There would be very little else to buy. They would do it with great care and love. They didn’t have to worry about trucking it a thousand miles – just a few steps into their kitchens. Then they would can it or freeze or ferment it to eat later.
Now corporate farms are more concerned with growing it faster and bigger, keeping it beautiful, keeping it from rotting (usually with chemicals and early picking) in the time it takes to get to the grocery store and most importantly – keeping the profits high. However, the food still has a degree of nutrition and we need to do the best we can to eat as healthy as possible.
When one starts going down the list of the symptoms mentioned above, one needs to think about supplementing intelligently. A good first place to start is a multi-vitamin, high quality fish oils and vitamin C.
Vitamin C supplements come in many forms. At aVivoPur, we have researched and chosen our Vitamin C 1000mg with Rose Hips formula as the one to give the greatest benefit to your body.
Like all of our vitamins and supplements, our Vitamin C 1000 comes from natural ingredients. Vitamin C is found in foods such as fruits and vegetables like citrus, peppers, cruciferous vegetables and tropical fruits but in order to obtain the same amount of vitamin C that you get from our formula, you would have to eat 8 whole papayas, 15 oranges, or 12 bell peppers.
Our super concentrated formula is a “prolonged release” formula so you get the benefits of vitamin C all day long. Vitamin C is quickly metabolized by the body so “immediate release” supplements like capsules and crystals or vitamin C contained in food will be cleared within a couple hours. For all-day protection, constant consumption is needed – or a slow-release supplement can be taken.
Our product is vegetarian-friendly and contains rose hips for extra antioxidant support and to work synergistically with the vitamin.
Vitamin C does not store well in the body so eating vitamin C rich foods or taking a vitamin C supplement should be a daily habit. In addition to our Vitamin C 1000mg with Rose Hips aVivoPur family and customers benefit from taking a daily:
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids/Fish Oils
- Greens capsules or powder
- and High Potency Vitamin D3 when it is rainy or cold outside and we are not getting natural sunlight on our skin.
ϯ These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product and the information on this page is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.