AVivoPur’s High Potency LIQUID Omega-3 is made from natural anchovy, sardine, and mackerel fish oil, which contains super concentrates of the essential fatty acid, Omega-3.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are most commonly obtained as fish oil from cold-water fish such as salmon and tuna. Unfortunately, many of the ocean’s fish are harvested from mercury-contaminated regions of the sea. With top-line predator fish such as tuna, the mercury becomes more concentrated. In addition, some “fish oil” is actually harvested from whale or seal blubber.
As most supplements are simply fish oil contained in a capsule, many people who take those supplements experience a fishy taste, aroma or aftertaste which may create bad breath.
More environmentally-safe and sea-life friendly methods of harvesting obtain fish oil from areas of the seas which are less likely to be contaminated with mercury and other toxins – and avoid sensitive species such as whales, seals and endangered fish. With responsible harvesting and refined purification, mercury contamination possibilities are eliminated and the “fish” can be removed from the oil.
Omega-3 contains EPA and DHA which is needed for a number of body processes including:
- Nervous system development and regulation ϯ
- Brain development and functioning ϯ
- Normal blood clotting regulation ϯ
- Cholesterol metabolism and balance ϯ
- Cell membrane integrity ϯ
- Protection from free radical processes ϯ
All of these processes are essential for normal functioning of organ systems and deficiency may contribute to conditions such as:
- Hyperlipidemia (high bad cholesterol) ϯ
- Mental disorders such as depression or ADHD ϯ
- Increased aging processes ϯ
- Cancer ϯ
- Cognitive disorders such as dementia ϯ
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis ϯ
- Hormonal disruption such as PMS ϯ
- Insulin dysregulation leading to diabetes and obesity ϯ
As with any Omega-3 supplement, people who are taking certain medications such as blood thinners or cholesterol medications should consult a physician before starting a supplement regimen.
ϯ These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.