Being responsible for a person (or pet’s) well being is an honorable and sometimes under-appreciated endeavor.
Think of all the ways we appreciate those who care for us:
- Servers in restaurants
- Flight attendants
- Pilots, bus drivers, and train engineers
- Housekeepers in hotels
- Nurses and doctors and many others in hospitals and clinics
Some of these people we thank verbally. Others we thank with a tip. But many people go about day after day with a rare thank you or specific appreciation.
Parenting, pet care, and caring for our own parents as they get older falls into the category of CareGiving as well.
- We hope to receive our thanks when our children grow up with good manners, good health, and love and cuddles before they become teenagers, and even sometimes after.
- Our pets show their appreciation in much the same way by looking for our return or giving us pleasure just watching or touching them.
- Helping our parents or other older adults with home, garden, or personal care can be touch and go with appreciation. Some people age with grace and thanks for the help, while others may resist and fight the perceived intrusion, even if the help really is necessary.
Join the conversation by using #CareGiving and see your posts appear on our Community Page.
Guest Blogs on this important topic:
- Wendy Van de Poll, founder of the Center for Pet Loss Grief.
7 Care Giving Joys and Challenges
- Holding onto those special moments with your kids
- The challenges of day-to-day parenting
- Don’t take care of your children alone – find more time for yourself
- The benefits of joining a parenting class
#CareGiving for your children can be tough but there's more than one way to share the responsibility. Click To Tweet
- Caregiving for your parents can come gradually or instantly
- How to find the joy in taking care of your parents
- Resources to help the journey with your parents
Find the subtle joys of #caregiving for your parents Click To Tweet
- Taking care of your pets as they age
- Health benefits for people with pets
- Overcoming challenges with your pet
- Resources to help make you the best pet owner
Did you know #pets can help you get a date? Or build your #ImmuneSystem? Click To Tweet
- Are you an automatic caregiver?
- How to find “me time” by finding what’s important, unimportant, urgent, and not urgent
- Finding the joy in self-care instead of having it be a burden
- Resources for self-caregiving
The challenge of self-#caregiving is usually a matter of priorities Click To Tweet
- Most of our days revolve around food
- Difference between eating and eating nutritiously
- Our personal responsibility to get enough nutrition
- How parents can educate themselves on nutrition
Oh, wait, you are not a nutritionist? Most #caregivers are not! Click To Tweet
- Finding relief from pain can become a priority in life
- How to care for minor and temporary pain
- Magnetic therapy for pain
- Dealing with old injuries and chronic pain
The key is to remember that reversing #pain may take a while. Give it a chance. Be patient. Click To Tweet
- The best gift to give your kids: SLEEP
- How to get yourself and your kids enough sleep
- Brain development benefits of sleep
- Making childcare decisions based on sleep
Sleep Deprivation is becoming epidemic and an actual health concern nationally. Click To Tweet
Other related blogs:
- Pure Living in a Modified World
- CareGiving — Quick Guide
- Take Care (a personal blog)
- Count the Coincidences (I count 5)
What do you think of this blog? Let us know by commenting below.